Monday, January 3, 2011

30 Book Challenge

My most adored Lords of Literature,

I beg your forgiveness! Please, please do not relinquish your faith in me. I have disappointed you, and for this I offer my most desperate apologies. If you would be so condescending, permit me this one last chance for redemption...

This year, I will read 30 books.

It's more than 10 (which is my 2010 total) and less than 50 (which was my previously unreachable 2010 goal). In fact, it's smack dab in the middle. Attainable? I believe so.

I'm going to switch things up this year, as well, to keep me motivated. Call them my bumpers on the alley to success (oh, cheesy bowling metaphors!). I've calculated that, in order to keep on track and ensure that I reach 30 books, I will have to read a book every 12 days. I will post a blog when I begin each book, and if I don't post another blog within 12 days, feel free to yell at me in any way possible. Through blogger, facebook, text, anything. I may bark at you, but know that my anger will slowly evolve into eternal gratitude.

Legit.

Here goes. It's a New Year, and I'm ready to kick this resolution in the boo-tay!

Book One: Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Start Date: January 1st, 2011
End Date: January 12th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment