I realized today that I pretty much stopped blogging like I used to. Sure, I blog about the books I read, and that's interesting(ish). But what about my life? What am I thinking? What am I doing? At this point, only I know.
This isn't going to be eloquent because I'm in a rush. But I've learned that sometimes you must forgo eloquence and just get to the point. You can't always write pretty things. And when you do happen to write pretty things, it's usually when you weren't trying. This I learned at college.
I'm currently in a Poetry Workshop class. Before the class began, I was terrified of this fact. I was terrified to step into a class on poetry writing when I am a self-proclaimed fiction writer. Don't let my Creative Writing Major fool you, professor. I write fiction. Stories. Prose. That's it. Or is it? Today, my professor laughed at my modesty, told me to stop pretending like I couldn't write poetry, that I didn't have to stay on one side of the writing divide, that I should proudly call myself a poet. I went into the conference thinking he would tell me to "Keep trying!" I left with the push to "Get those poems published!"
I am going to stop doubting myself.
Also, I got a package today. It hasn't been opened yet, but it is from Ventura, CA and I couldn't be happier. Combine this with yoga, a bowl of fruit, and a trip to the mind spa, it's been an exceptional day. To quote one of my previous blogs, I will go to bed smiling. Like this --> :D
No comments:
Post a Comment