Beauty in pain
"I
think that as a society, we’ve done a pretty poor job of teaching each
other the beauty of falling apart into someone else’s arms. We are often
taught by faith and film and fiction that “holding it together” makes
us strong. We are told that our strength is measured in the time it
takes for us to bounce back.
“You’re covered in roses, you’re covered in ashes, you’re covered in rain … You’re covered in treetops, you’re covered in birds who can sing a million songs without any words.
"I needed to be carried. I needed to be held up. My joints needed to
collapse under the weight of my heart so I could prove to that deeper
part of me that there is beauty in friendships. That family, be it
gifted or chosen, is a blessing. That time heals, but only when it’s
given the opportunity."
-Chad, To Write Love On Her Arms
I apologize for the abundance of others' words on this blog.
I have found that, lately, I don't have many of my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment