And I need to remedy that.
Now... one method of (re)self-discovery is to do more of what you love, on a greater scale/level. I know that to be true. So, after some consideration, I have come up with a tentative plan that I am fairly certain will keep me from losing myself amidst the current of tests, textbooks, essays, organizations, meetings...
Read. That's what I have to do. Read and read and read. Simple as that. So, on this 14th day of January in the year 2010, I hereby promise to hit the books more often. In fact, I will go a step further. I will make a resolution, here and now, to read 50 books in 2010. Hear that, oh gods of literature? 50!

Buuuut, I'm already off to a bit of a slow start. I've currently read a whopping 0 books in the new year. I may be at a disadvantage, what with my inability to concentrate on one and only one book at a time.
The list of books I'm currently reading includes:
Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose
A Victorian Christmas by Catherine Palmer
The Daily Writer by Fred White
Táin Bó Cúailnge (an old Irish epic)
There... 4. And of course there is the reading of textbooks and essays and case studies and scriptures. Oh dear... It would seem that I'm at a great disadvantage here. I need to pick up the pace if I am to accomplish this incredibly pretentious, nay, ludicrous goal.
But honestly, although I act as though this journey will be stressful, tumultuous, or [insert infinite synonyms for 'difficult' here], I will secretly love it. Every inked word, every dusty tome, every yellowed page. Because the world of literature holds a special place in my heart.
You now know my deepest, darkest secret...
Well, here's to the big 5-0! :) Think I can do it?
~ Gina Marie
No comments:
Post a Comment