Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Everything

I realized something tonight...

It's not even remotely difficult to be lazy. And, scarier still, it's easy to be okay with laziness. We can live out our whole lives being lazy because it's easier than going out and doing something, no matter the magnitude of that 'something.' And we can be happy with having done nothing. We can actually be happy with it.

But should we allow this to happen?

I've been lazy. It's time to be brutally honest and to admit that I have flaws. I take the easy road far too often. I expect so much out of myself and then I just sit there... pleasing and disappointing myself simultaneously.

It's no way to live, let me tell you. Because true happiness, lasting happiness, is gained only through action. It comes through finding something you love and reveling in that passion every day. Every day. It must be constant, all-consuming, and irreplacable. It leaves no room for regret. It seizes opportunities and basks in their golden rays.

I am lucky enough to have found that passion. And it is time I let that passion drive what I do, for it will make me far happier than I can even fathom. Far happier than the instant gratification of laziness, which falls apart in my hands as I think back, in retrospect, on the opportunities I have missed.

I need only to allow myself to forego laziness, and let God be my everything.

In other news, book #2 has been read: 'A Victorian Christmas' by Katherine Palmer. A great, big fluffy cotton ball of romance, but with religious undertones that were highly appreciated. It got a few tears out of me, regardless of its lack of literary merit.

~ Gina Marie

1 comment: