Saturday, February 27, 2010

Overseas


In a week, I will be overseas. In seven days, I will be gazing across the rolling, green hills of IRELAND!

I cannot even begin to fathom how amazing this journey will be. I hope that I will take in every moment, simply breathe in the opportunities, the culture, the foreign air. I hope that, when I arrive, I will spread my arms, look to the skies and yell,

"I'm in Ireland!"

I'm restless with excitement. Amidst all the packing, arranging money, printing out excused absence forms, figuring out insurance, and preparing for my service project in Belfast, I sometimes forget to look forward to this trip. But now that it's so close, I can't help but sit back and smile.

I will try my hardest to write a blog while I'm there, but then again, I might not. I don't want to waste precious time. There will be so much to do, see, and learn, opportunities that I will not get again.

I hope this experience opens my eyes.

I hope I will have the courage to welcome that change with open arms.

~ Gina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment