Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mockingjay

Book #10 - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Every once in a while, you experience something that changes your world. Something that moves you to a greater sphere of thought. Something like Mockingjay.

I can't express what I'm feeling in words. And that is how I know. This book is one of a kind.

This book is the very reason why I want to be a writer.

One day, I hope to accomplish what Suzanne Collins has accomplished through this trilogy. A cast of characters in which one cannot help but latch onto, a plot that tugs desperately on your heartstrings, a love story that has never been told before, and a message conveyed not through words, but through a subtle exchange, a knowing nod, between author and reader.

Without a doubt, the best book I've read in 2010. I will not read 50 individual books, but this one is worth far more.

So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?"

I tell him, "Real."

It's real, all right.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, your response to this book makes me want to read so bad! Isn't it interesting that the writings of others that speak loudest are the one's that they can't/don't explain?

    I think it proves that humans do not fit within our definitive boundaries. We're just too deep lol

    ReplyDelete