Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Highlight

During Fiction Workshop today, I heard something. Standing before my professor's desk just before class began, it caught my ear. I wasn't supposed to hear it, but not in the sense that it was forbidden.

What I heard was a whisper. A classmate leaned to the girl beside her and whispered, "Gina's such a great writer." And as my insides fluttered with this new, secret knowledge, I watched as her neighbor nodded enthusiastically in response.

A burning joy crept into my thrumming heart, but I retained a forced calm. I chatted with the professor, pretended not to notice. But inside I was smiling. And every gleaming inch of that smile read I'm going to be an author!

My dream feels suddenly and tangibly close.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, that reminds me. Our whole apartment got addicted to this game. You'd like it!

    http://play.typeracer.com/

    ReplyDelete