You know when you look at a word too much, and it doesn't look like a word anymore? Monday. Monday, Monday, Monday. Still look like a word? The more I gaze at it, the more it looks like an exotic vacation spot. Or a foreign species of bird. But that's besides the point.I've decided to try something new, to combat the Monday blues. I've decided to make my Mondays memorable, and to blog about them for anyone else out there feeling helplessly enslaved by a Case of the Mondays. In order for my blog posts to be exciting, my day must be exciting. So it'll be motivating for me, and (hopefully) entertaining for you.
And now, for the very first installment.
This Monday,
I played the piano...

... for an inordinate amount of time. It was self-indulgent of me, but I couldn't step away. I played Buckbeak's Flight, Beauty and the Beast, and Arabesque until I couldn't tell them apart. Each flowed into another, each crescendo leading into a decrescendo into the rising and falling of expression, with countless fortes, mezzo pianos, and grand fortissimos, until I stepped away from the piano and my ears were ringing. I had forgotten how much I love this instrument.
I got (Wii)fit...

... which was invigorating. But believe me, WiiFit is a work out! Yoga is by far my favorite way to work out, and this is how I always begin my routines. Then I move into Strength Training, during which I always beat my Trainer at the Jackknife Competition (I'm going to have abs of steel soon). And finally, I end with some aerobics. There's a neat exercise in which you free step for ten minutes, and you can change the channel to watch some television while you step. If you put your arms into it, it's quite the exercise. I've lost .2 pounds in four days. Jealous?
I ate my first veggie burger...

... and it wasn't half bad. The patty looked a little bit gross - there was corn and avocado bits hanging out - but if I closed my eyes, it was quite good. I felt healthy and inspired. I even considered going vegetarian (I have in the past as well, it wasn't a silly spur of the moment consideration), but inevitably decided against it. I have enough problems eating balanced meals. I can't imagine doing so as a vegetarian.
I read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

... by Lewis Carroll. I'm ashamed to admit I've never read it before. But, I'm almost done, so I can (almost) officially say I've read Alice's tale. I'm stricken with an odd sense of discontent upon (almost) finishing. I had always viewed Alice in Wonderland as a work of genius, but as I read I feel unable to grasp Carroll's intent. There is a great deal to ponder, I'll give him that. Mainly, I don't know how to cope with the realization that I am so small and powerless in regards to the world going on around me.
"Well, I'd like to be a little larger, Sir, if you wouldn't mind," said Alice: "three inches is such a wretched height to be."
I watched The Bachelorette premiere...

... with my mom. And I already have my favorites. Both Bens, William, J.P. (oh, what a smile!), and Ryan (the one who got the first impression rose). Heck, I'd take any one of them out. What I don't understand is how she can stand in a room of 25 gorgeous men and still talk. I'd be stammering and making a fool of myself in their presence. Perhaps this is why I'm not the Bachelorette. Oh well. I'm excited for this season. But after that preview, I'm also worried for Ashley. She should've listened to her friend - Bentley is dangerous.
And that was my Monday. Exciting? I think so. I'm a homebody, what can I say. I find peace and joy in the simple things, the little joys in life, the things that home can bring. Maybe I'll do some exploring tomorrow.

... for an inordinate amount of time. It was self-indulgent of me, but I couldn't step away. I played Buckbeak's Flight, Beauty and the Beast, and Arabesque until I couldn't tell them apart. Each flowed into another, each crescendo leading into a decrescendo into the rising and falling of expression, with countless fortes, mezzo pianos, and grand fortissimos, until I stepped away from the piano and my ears were ringing. I had forgotten how much I love this instrument.
I got (Wii)fit...

... which was invigorating. But believe me, WiiFit is a work out! Yoga is by far my favorite way to work out, and this is how I always begin my routines. Then I move into Strength Training, during which I always beat my Trainer at the Jackknife Competition (I'm going to have abs of steel soon). And finally, I end with some aerobics. There's a neat exercise in which you free step for ten minutes, and you can change the channel to watch some television while you step. If you put your arms into it, it's quite the exercise. I've lost .2 pounds in four days. Jealous?
I ate my first veggie burger...

... and it wasn't half bad. The patty looked a little bit gross - there was corn and avocado bits hanging out - but if I closed my eyes, it was quite good. I felt healthy and inspired. I even considered going vegetarian (I have in the past as well, it wasn't a silly spur of the moment consideration), but inevitably decided against it. I have enough problems eating balanced meals. I can't imagine doing so as a vegetarian.
I read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

... by Lewis Carroll. I'm ashamed to admit I've never read it before. But, I'm almost done, so I can (almost) officially say I've read Alice's tale. I'm stricken with an odd sense of discontent upon (almost) finishing. I had always viewed Alice in Wonderland as a work of genius, but as I read I feel unable to grasp Carroll's intent. There is a great deal to ponder, I'll give him that. Mainly, I don't know how to cope with the realization that I am so small and powerless in regards to the world going on around me.
"Well, I'd like to be a little larger, Sir, if you wouldn't mind," said Alice: "three inches is such a wretched height to be."
I watched The Bachelorette premiere...

... with my mom. And I already have my favorites. Both Bens, William, J.P. (oh, what a smile!), and Ryan (the one who got the first impression rose). Heck, I'd take any one of them out. What I don't understand is how she can stand in a room of 25 gorgeous men and still talk. I'd be stammering and making a fool of myself in their presence. Perhaps this is why I'm not the Bachelorette. Oh well. I'm excited for this season. But after that preview, I'm also worried for Ashley. She should've listened to her friend - Bentley is dangerous.
And that was my Monday. Exciting? I think so. I'm a homebody, what can I say. I find peace and joy in the simple things, the little joys in life, the things that home can bring. Maybe I'll do some exploring tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment