Sunday, July 15, 2012

my life in ten bulletpoints

I haven't blogged in a while and it's probably because I haven't felt very interesting. If you are desperate for news on my life, here are ten updates:

1. I take a Zumba class every Monday night and I really, genuinely enjoy it. It makes me feel healthy and good about myself, it's crazy fun, and I get to spend time with a friend who happens to be taking the class with me. And afterwards, I come home sweaty and tired and get to watch The Bachelorette on my couch with my dog laying at my feet.
2. I've been reading A LOT.
3. I've been planning a novel. My fifth? Sixth? It's exhilarating.
4. I'm figuring out graduate school plans. If I get accepted, I'll be starting John Carroll University's Theology and Religious Studies MA program in the spring. But first, I get to take a class called Biblical Interpretation every Tuesday night from 6:30 to 9:15 pm starting August 28th. If I tell you I'm excited, I'm downplaying it.
5. I'm going on a cruise with my mom September 8th. We're going to Spain, Italy, and France. I kind of feel like this 10-day trip is going to change my life, which is ridiculous but not too ridiculous. I'll be away from my home and my dog and my friends and my boyfriend and my daily routine for 10 whole days, and that's more scary than going to three foreign countries.
6. One of my best best best friends is coming to visit next weekend. I almost started crying while writing that.
7. I'm taking the GRE August 27th and I feel as though life beyond that date may or may not exist.
8. I have a tan. (If you know me well, this is big news)
9. I still work once a week at the United Methodist Church of Berea and I'm actually quite sad that I won't be working there anymore in the fall. My boss is so sweet and she brags about me to everyone who will listen. But life goes on, and I must go with it.
10. I'm head over heels in love. I've never been in this place before, and I'm terrified of it. I also don't ever want to give it up.

I guess it's up to you whether or not my life is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment