I'm sorry, but this is crap.
First of all, this quote insinuates that it's somehow bad to cry. That it's a sign of weakness. That there are things you should and shouldn't cry over--some sort of hierarchy of hurt. NO.
Secondly, if you've found a man who never makes you cry, put him in a freaking museum because he's a rare gem. Seriously, though, there is no perfect man. Even the incredibly-awesome-almost-perfect men will make you cry from time to time, because they are imperfect and you are imperfect. They'll say stupid, insensitive things and you'll take their words the wrong way (and vice versa).
You will cry in every relationship. So instead of looking for a man who won't make you cry (you might as well look for a unicorn), look for a man who will apologize when he hurts your feelings; who will pledge to try harder, be nicer, and make you happy; and who will cry with you now and again.
That is all.

P.S. I think I'm going to make a habit of breaking down the stupid, over-used "inspirational" quotes. There are way too many out there that I see being used as means to blind ourselves to reality, to set our sights way too high (or way too low), or as justification to act like idiots.
No comments:
Post a Comment