Friday, May 17, 2013

2013 Books (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10)

I apologize for the lack of blogs as of late. As much as I love being engaged (I do love being engaged, I really do), wedding planning is draining. Please forgive me for paying less attention to this blog. And please forgive me twice, because this book update is going to be short and probably won't include any summaries.

BUT I don't want this blog to be all woe is me, so here's a cute meme of a baby.




And now, the books:

1. You Are Here by Thich Nhat Hanh

2. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
3. Requiem by Lauren Oliver - ☆☆☆☆½
4. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow - ☆☆☆½
5. The Buddha and the Borderline by Kiera Van Gelder - ☆☆☆☆
6. Specials by Scott Westerfeld - ☆☆☆☆☆
7. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - ☆☆☆½
8. Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan - ☆☆☆☆½
9. Anthem by Ayn Rand - ☆☆☆½
10. Gold by Chris Cleave - ☆☆☆½

If I want to reach 30 books by December 31st, I should be at 12 by the end of the month. The good news is, I should finish Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Skande tonight (recommended by the wonderful Kira Carey), and at least get started on another book by the end of May. Or maybe I'll finally get around to finishing that book of assorted poems by Mary Oliver.

Choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment