Latest update on the NaNoWriMo front: I gave up.
But it's okay. Really. I wrote 6,000 words more than I would've written if I hadn't tried. And I'm not angry with myself, because I know that this November was just too filled with "other." Zeta stuff, schoolwork, family stuff, stress, keeping myself together when everything felt like it was falling apart (and it almost did, several times). For once, it wasn't laziness that held me back. It was trying to do too much. While this is equally as detrimental to my overall success, I believe it to be a step in the right direction.
So, 6,000 words, we're going to be friends. One day you may turn into a novel. Or you may just sit on my hard drive and be pretty. Either way, you exist. And that's enough for me.
:( You don't have to wait till next November to start again.
ReplyDeleteNo worries. That will hardly be the case.
ReplyDelete