Sunday, November 14, 2010

Help


I need help.

4 comments:

  1. Well... I suppose there are always a few stock ideas that you're bound to hate....

    1. the entire time, your story has really been about a secret alien takeover of the characters.
    2. it's actually the beginning of cataclysmic natural disaster that only someone like Pierce Brosnan or Bruce Willis can fix. (this is so 90s)
    3. someone is actually a superhero trying to work out their super issues against a super colorful villan (so 2000s)
    4. someone gets cancer and wants to accomplish all the items on her (or his, I suppose, but that's not quite as romantic somehow) to-do list. feel free to substitute cancer for any other currently prevalent disease of today. AIDS=political statement, gang fight/drive by = utterly tragic
    5. someone suddenly dies. instant "whodunit" material. it works best when not even you know who did it but keep making it possible for everyone to be the culprit until the very end
    6. your favorite main character "wakes up" and realizes that the entire story thus far is not real. For the sci-fi story, make it an unexplainable awakening from some induced subconscious state or the realization that you are the clone of someone famous who is dying.
    7. ...
    8. ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 8 is my favorite.

    Hahahaha, but in all seriousness, HOLY COW THANK YOU. Number 6 fits really well with my plot and I'm dying to work number 3 in somehow. I have a thing for superheros, I guess.

    I have a feeling my novel isn't going to make any sense...

    ReplyDelete